An Autologous Fat Transfer treatment is a cosmetic procedure where excess fat from one part of the body is harvested, and then re-injected into another part of the body to either enhance or replace the lost volume.
An autologous fat transfer to breast procedure allows women (with under-sized breasts or loss of breast volume due to breastfeeding) to sustain naturally fuller, more sensuous looking breasts. A fat transfer to breast augmentation procedure is a relatively safer option compared with breast implants as the procedure uses your own fat cells ruling out any allergic foreign body reaction.
Unlike breast implants (which can be felt and sometimes even seen beneath the skin), an autologous fat transfer to breast augmentation procedure leaves a smooth natural feel and undetectable appearance to the eye. A fat transfer to breast procedure can incorporate the natural changes that a woman’s breasts undergo with age. Similarly, these same benefits can be achieved whilst applying an autologous fat transfer to the face, chest, hands and buttocks.
How does it work?
A fat grafting procedure transfers fat from areas in which you have excess fat, such as the outer thighs, and injects it into areas that may be lacking in volume, such as your face, hands, breasts or buttocks. This safe, long-lasting, well-tolerated procedure produces natural-looking results. Additional benefits include risk free foreign body reactions or allergies, plus the results may be permanent.
The duration of the results of autologous fat transfer procedure differs from person to person. The body reabsorbs the injected fat over a period of time but more than 50% of the injected volume remains in place permanently. Repeat sessions help to maintain the desired volume.
If you are in good general health, have a positive attitude and realistic expectations, you are most likely a good candidate for this procedure.
Almost every part of the body can be treated using a fat transfer procedure. The most common areas are:
- Breasts: an autologous fat transfer breast or fat grafting breast augmentation to give fuller and uplifted looking breasts;
- Buttocks: an autologous fat transfer for buttock augmentation to achieve the Brazilian butt lift;
- Face: to fill in the hollowness of the temples, cheeks, brows and folds to create a more youthful appearance;
- Hands: to restore subcutaneous fat loss on the back of the hands; and
- Scars: an autologous fat is injected beneath the skin surface to elevate depressed surgical and acne scars.